Tax Manager - UK & EMEA
Salary £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Jonny Morton
Date posted 06 August 2018 2018-08-062018-10-05 financial-services UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Tax Manager is required with a focus on the support of the EMEA Firm Compliance & Planning (FCP Tax) group, which is based in London and Glasgow. The group is responsible for all direct tax returns and audits in the EMEA region together with involvement in internal restructures, Firm acquisitions and Business Unit structures that are on the Firm’s Balance Sheet.
The candidate will have both initial support responsibility for several significant UK and overseas companies and a review responsibility for certain entities within the UK and across the EMEA region. In addition, the role requires ownership of certain cross-business unit processes or initiatives. There may also be reporting and development responsibility for junior members of the team.
• Management and review responsibilities for several UK companies and other EMEA entities to include the review of quarterly provisioning, corporate income tax returns, tax payment calculations and disclosures in financial statements.
• Ownership for the preparation of quarterly effective tax rate reporting numbers, as well as the year-end tax provision process both for US GAAP group reporting and for UK GAAP/ European GAAP individual company reporting.
• Preparation of UK tax returns and review of EMEA tax returns (prepared by advisors)
• UK corporate income tax return process, including ixbrl requirements and e-filing using ‘Alphatax’.
• US Federal Annual Tax reporting (5471)
• Management of ad hoc tax projects and processes
• Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA accountant or ATT/CTA qualified with experience of working in UK corporation tax within either practice or industry
• A strong knowledge of UK tax issues and practical UK tax compliance experience is required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of ‘Alphatax’ corporate tax software is advantageous.
• Experience of managing and motivating others either as part of a direct or virtual team
• Applicants should have a record of managing a portfolio of deliverables and meeting tight deadlines Must have the ability to think critically and self-review
• Should challenge accepted processes, and suggest alternative solutions
• Strong control focus while maintaining a high level of client service
• Self-motivated, with a desire to succeed and develop professionally and personally
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment and be a team player.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Experience of US GAAP and the US tax system is advantageous but not essential.