Consultant Lynley Hall
Date posted 21 July 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
A property firm based in Central London are seeking a Tax Manager to join the repsected tax team. Reporting into the Head of Tax and part of the wider finance team this is a great role.
- Internally recognised expert source of knowledge for corporation tax issues affecting group, in particular in relation to tax losses and group relief, capital gains, and capital allowance matters and tax provisioning and reporting.
- Ensuring Company complies with Transfer Pricing compliance requirements and Interest deductibility rules, including worldwide debt cap rules.
- Preparation of the Group’s corporation tax computations and returns. Processing and filing of Corporate Tax returns for majority of group companies. Maintaining quarterly analyses of tax sensitive items.
- Preparation of tax provisions for group and entity statutory accounts, and liaising with group’s auditors
- Management of the compliance process to include claims, elections and Group relief claims, including maintaining all of the Group’s tax schedules.
- Liaising with HMRC on all compliance matters co-ordinating, attending and responding to HMRC inspections, and dealing with HMRC enquiries and correspondence including managing and dealing with all CT related registrations and elections as required.
- Co-ordinating with external suppliers to maximise capital allowances claims.
- Maintain a record of all property sales and capex spend, including appropriate information on s198 notices and keeping all base cost information up to date.
- Providing cover for the VAT function in any exceptional circumstances and to prepare several simple VAT returns to help maintain knowledge of the company’s VAT systems and procedures
- Assist the Head of Tax and wider Finance team with ad-hoc transactional and other project work as required.
- Monitor and review tax compliance processes to ensure maximum efficiency and reduce the compliance burden across the group, including supporting the group simplification processes
- Keeping track of industry and tax developments (through training, specialist newsletters and journals), and briefing colleagues accordingly.
You will have strong technical Corporation Tax ability, and a proven track record of managing CT compliance either in an in-house role or in practice, preferably within the real estate sector.
- You will be driven and have an ability to drive change across processes, systems and people together with excellent communication skills.
- An ability to review and scrutinize financial data to identify trends and exceptions, coupled with strong Excel and IT skills will be beneficial.
- A professional accounting and/or tax qualification would be an advantage.
Please apply via the link, or get in touch with Lynley Hall 0207 509 8435 or firstname.lastname@example.org