Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + car, bonus, pension
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 16 July 2018 2018-07-162018-09-14 engineering UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This FTSE 250 PLC business are looking for an experienced Group Tax Manager to join their business during a substantial period of growth.
Working in a stand along position, reporting to the Head of Finance, your core duties will include;
- Implement an annual tax compliance calendar taking responsibility for all tax filings (and international equivalents) and payment dates across the Group. Ensure all filings and tax payments are made on a timely and accurate basis
- Preparation of all corporation tax computations and returns including liaison with external specialist tax advisers as appropriate
- Consolidate returns into the Group VAT return and perform relevant testing before submission.
- Ensure that other UK and Irish tax filings are made accurately in a timely fashion by supporting the commercial teams responsible for them including; Stamp Duty Land Tax, Excise Duty, RDCO returns, etc
- Ensuring overseas tax compliance obligations are met; liaise with international tax advisers and liaison with non-UK offices to ensure compliance
- Assist the Group Finance Director and the Director of Finance in developing the Group tax strategy aligned to the Leadership message of the Group.
- Implement best practice governance in all tax processes applicable to the Group
- Support the Group Financial Accountant in tax related statutory accounting:
- Ensure IFRS tax disclosures are compliant and in keeping with generally accepted best practice
- Responsible for tax budgeting and managing the impact on Group planning process and revised forecasts
- Acting as the focal point for provision of tax advice arising from the business units:
- Provide ad hoc tax advice to multiple teams whenever required
- Implement changes in processes as necessary following a change in law
- Understand all applicable tax opportunities, discussing with the relevant business and finance team to ensure that they are appropriately considered & implemented
- A qualified tax professional (ACA, CTA or equivalent)
- Ideally suited for a Tax Manager looking for their first industry move from Big 4 / Top 10 environment
- Proven track record in UK tax compliance matters with a good working knowledge of the major tax issues faced within the corporate environment
- International tax experience is helpful but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills
This is an ideal for any experienced Tax Manager or Assistant Tax Manager working within Corporate Tax in a Practice environment looking for the opportunity to join an organisation with the chance to develop your career long-term and mould the role as you see fit.