Senior Corporate Tax Manager
Salary £80,000 - £90,000 per annum
Consultant Jonny Morton
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Working within a well established UK based tax team within Group Tax the successful candidate will manage a wide range of UK tax work in order to achieve the bank’s objective of successful risk management and tax compliance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and control UK tax compliance processes in order to manage tax risk and ensure all tax laws and regulations are adhered to.
- Ensure the highest level of service to internal clients and stakeholders including front office business support and other support functions such as Treasury.
- Supporting internal projects by delivering timely effective UK tax input often working alongside other Group Tax teams both in the UK and overseas.
- Contribute to the accurate and efficient reporting of UK tax in group and statutory financial statements.
- UK tax review of proposed transactions, reorganisations, financing, and products.
- Contribute to transparent, professional and constructive relationships with HMRC and HMT.
- Impact assessment of new tax legislation, guidance and practices and effective management of systems, cost and control matters arising from changes in the tax environment.
- High personal integrity and compliance with all relevant policies and procedures particularly operational risk management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong UK corporation tax experience gained in a Big Four accountancy firm, with subsequent UK in-house tax experience.
- Track record of successful tax risk management.
- Track record of successfully managing other staff and working as an effective team member.
- Degree holder with evidence of strong analytical skills.
- Qualified ACA or CTA with at least 6 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and explain technical tax issues to non-specialists.
- Adaptability and ability to work both autonomously and within a wider team.
- Previous experience in financial services.
- Strong knowledge of banking products and financial markets.
- Specialist UK tax experience in bank levy, bank surcharge, corporate debt, chargeable gains, transfer pricing, controlled foreign companies, double tax relief, tax treaties, operational taxes, withholding taxes, and diverted profits tax.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience of OneSource tax software.