Corporate Tax Reporting Manager
Salary £75,000 - £95,000 per annum + competitive benefits
Consultant Jonny Morton
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A great opportunity to join the Tax Reporting team at a global bank, to support the Head of Tax in leading the reporting and forecasting for the group. Looking for a corporate tax reporting and compliance specialist, at the manager/senior manager level to join the team.
Purpose of the role
• To ensure the HSBC Group are compliant with IAS12
• To ensure Group Tax policies and processes are properly implemented and consistently applied
• To streamline reporting and forecasting processes across the Group and to maximise efficiencies
• Quarterly interim reporting and Annual Report and Accounts
• Annual PRA Stress test
• Bi-Annual EBA Stress Test
• Annual CRD IV Country-by Country Reporting
• Annual BEPS Country by Country Reporting
• Quarterly UK Group Payment Arrangement Calculations
• Annual Operating Plan (5-year forecast)
• Financial modelling for ad-hoc projects (e.g. ring-fencing, HQ domicile, planning initiatives etc)
• To support the Head of Tax Reporting and maintaining the global tax risk framework and supporting governance and reporting requirements including tax risk assurance and SAO
Effectiveness & Control
• To advise proactively regarding developments in tax reporting processes and policies.
• To exercise best judgment regarding the application of conflicting business, regulatory and fiscal imperatives, to make decisions and to ensure recommendations are clearly understood.
• To review tax numbers reported by the regional Tax functions.
• To ensure reporting processes are appropriately documented, risk-assessed and have robust operating controls.
• Maintain strong IFRS knowledge.
Experience & qualifications
• Qualified tax professional
• Specialist knowledge and experience in IFRS tax reporting
• Specialist experience in financial services helpful, but not a prerequisite
• Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and project management skills
• Commercial awareness and sound judgment