Real Estate Tax Manager
Salary £65000 - £75000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Nick Hughes
Date posted 13 February 2017
A new and exciting Real Estate Tax Manager role has just become available at a leading Financial Services institution based in the City of London. Reporting into the Head of Tax this is an outstanding opportunity for technically strong Real Estate Tax professionals.
In this business critical Real Estate Tax Manager role you will be responsible for providing practical tax support to the property team (fund managers, transaction team, property directors and finance business partners) on ad-hoc queries and be a property tax subject matter reporting to the group's Head of Property Tax.
- Provide end to end tax support and risk management
- Support Property Business Development team on new product launches
- Work with internal colleagues and external advisors to structure property or property SPV acquisitions
- Review external advisors’ tax due diligence reports and manage risks within Sale and Purchase agreements’ warranties/indemnities drafting and purchase price negotiations
- Ensure that the tax risks inherited and structures adopted are within the group’s tax policy
- Ensure that appropriate risk management controls / procedures are in place to manage all property tax risks on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that relevant colleagues or external advisors are teed up to submit any post acquisition tax elections / returns on time
- Professional Accounting Qualification (e.g. ACA or ACCA) and/or Taxation qualification (e.g. CTA) with at least 1 year's post qualification property tax experience within a in-house team or practice (only as a guide)
- Understanding of UK authorised and unauthorised property funds commonly used, including limited partnerships, property unit trusts, PAIFs, ACSs
- Practical experience of real estate funds’ property / SPV acquisition, holding and eventual disposal (especially income tax, corporation tax, SDLT, capital allowances, and the construction industry scheme with some knowledge of VAT)
This well known and respected Investment Management institution would be the perfect environment to build a career as a Real Estate Tax Manager. Support and growth is imperative to them, with the right background and ability to learn this is a truly exciting opportunity.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.