Senior Tax Manager
Consultant Nick Hughes
Date posted 20 December 2016
An exciting opportunity has become available for a senior tax manager to join the London offices of a global financial services institution with particular responsibilities for the EMEA tax regions.
As senior tax manager within this financial services institution, you will benefit from being part of a global brand, which has offices in more than 40 countries worldwide. Reporting to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, you will sit as part of the Global Tax department which is responsible for global tax compliance, tax accounting, business unit tax advice and planning for the Group. Within that, you will sit as part of the EMEA tax department, which is divided into four coverage groups. These are firm compliance and planning, investment tax products, indirect tax and business unit support. As senior tax manager for the EMEA region, you will support the Group's compliance and planning function across the EMEA region.
- Management responsibilities for entities in Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Israel, South Africa, Sweden and Poland
- Identify tax risk and involvement in executing solutions in respect of new or changing business activities
- Manage tax audits, with controller and advisor liaison in the UK and overseas
- Review quarterly effective tax rate reporting, as well as the year-end tax provision process both for US GAAP group reporting and for IFRS/ European GAAP individual company reporting
- Review disclosures in UK and certain overseas financial statements
- Review and submission of corporate income tax returns and review of tax payment calculations
- Dealing with issues such as taxation of branches, foreign tax credits, CFCs etc - US Federal Annual Tax reporting (5471)
- Identify and research UK and EMEA tax technical matters, including the impact of BEPS and Finance Act changes
- Responsibility for day-to-day permanent establishment issues and assisting Tax senior management execute on permanent establishment strategy
You will hold a relevant accountancy or tax qualification, such as ACCA/CIMA/CA, or ATT/CTA and possess significant experience working in the corporate tax field. Ideally, you'll have experience working within a large professional services firm or have financial services experience already. In particular, a solid working knowledge of other tax jurisdictions is strongly welcomed, due to the nature of the role. Candidates with former management experience are particularly welcomed.
To register your interest for this position, please apply here or contact me directly.