Salary £120000 - £140000 per annum
Consultant Andrew Pal
Date posted 07 December 2016
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Tax Director to join the London office of a global financial services institution. You will be responsible for driving and influencing tax strategy across the Group.
As Tax Director for the UK arm of this global financial services institution, you will be responsible for driving and influencing all tax strategy. The position holder will play a key role in overseeing the Group tax function and will work hard to build relationships and enhance the credibility of the Group both internally and to external stakeholders.
- To drive the European Effective Tax Rate by planning for direct taxes
- To deliver advice on both direct and indirect tax matters, providing input to, and reviewing, all tax related information to ensure the accuracy and compliance with legislation - including monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts, annual financial statements, corporate tax returns, annual partial exemption calculations and annual PSA settlements
- To manage relationships with external tax authorities, external advisors and other divisions and regions across the Group
- To identify and solve all European tax issues
- To lead multidisciplinary projects or initiatives to drive change that impacts tax costs
The Tax Director will ultimately shape the UK Group tax function, so an entrepreneurial flair is essential. Additionally, the Tax Director will come from a background of direct tax with experience gained both in-house and within a large accountancy firm. You will be a clear communicator with a proven ability to build and maintain relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please click here or contact me directly.