Senior Manager Direct Tax
Salary £70000 - £85000 per annum + 6000 car allowance
Consultant Andrew Pal
Date posted 20 December 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior manager direct tax to join the London office of a global financial services institution. The postholder will be responsible for driving all direct tax matters within the Group.
As senior manager direct tax, you will be accountable for the oversight of all direct tax functions across the Group. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the compliance function runs smoothly as well as providing guidance and advice as and when needed. In particular, responsibilities include:
- Delivering advice on both direct and some indirect tax matters, providing input to, and preparing, all direct tax related information to ensure the accuracy and compliance with European legislation
- Developing relationships with external tax authorities, external advisors and other divisions and countries across the Group
- Manage complex tax matters on behalf of the Group
- Act as an expert in direct tax applying specialist knowledge to the Group business issues
- Communicate complex tax issues and influences others to adopt recommended point of view
- Operate at a senior level, managing senior stakeholders across the global organisation including Global Leaders of Controllership and Tax
- Identify and apply tax methodologies and expert knowledge to complex tax issues
The senior manager direct tax will come from a corporate tax background and will have previous experience within a large accountancy firm or similar sized financial services institution. Additionally, you will be qualified by (ACA/CTA/ACCA) and be able to demonstrate technical tax knowledge. Further still, you will be an excellent communicator and be able to build relationships across the Group internally and with external stakeholders.
To apply to this role, please click below or contact me directly.