Salary £80000 - £90000 per annum
Consultant Andrew Pal
Date posted 18 November 2016
A unique position has become available within a global retail organisation at their offices in London. The Group seek a tax manager to oversee the UK and European tax function as the company undergoes a period of rapid expansion.
As tax manager for this worldwide retail group, you will be responsible for managing the UK and European tax functions. Reporting directly to the Group tax director, you will be accountable for a range of tax planning based activity with a small element of compliance. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To assist in identifying and implementing UK tax planning opportunities
- To handle all UK and European tax issues
- To provide expertise in international tax planning on a European basis
- To develop and implement tax strategies and planning opportunities
- To undertake due diligence on expansion opportunities.
- To provide M&A advice and represent group tax on M&A project teams
- To assist with production and submission of UK tax computations and acting as a point of contact for queries from tax authorities
As tax manager you will be expected to hit the ground running. Although there is no direct managerial responsibility in terms of personnel, the role is far reaching in its scope. Due to the nature of the role, you will have significant experience in international tax planning as well as transactional experience. Ideally, you will be ACA or CTA trained and international funds and unit trusts experience is also welcomed. Additionally, you will have detailed knowledge of the UK tax system and prior experience in advising both internal and external stakeholders.
To register your interest for this role, please apply here or contact me directly.