UK Tax Manager
Consultant Andrew Pal
Date posted 20 October 2016
An exciting opportunity has become available for a UK tax manager to join a leading financial services institution based in London. As UK tax manager, you will report to the Head of Tax and undertake a hybrid role incorporating both compliance and tax advisory.
As UK tax manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the group properly discharges its tax related responsibilities towards internal and external stakeholders. The role includes working across a variety of taxes including corporation tax, VAT, WHT, stamp duty, transfer pricing and operational taxes. The UK tax manager will be responsible for the following:
Undertaking and delivering compliance work across the group and taking responsibility for monthly financial reporting of group entities and tax figures
- The preparation of tax disclosure within UK financial statements and liason with external auditors and colleagues from head office
- Ensuring all tax procedures and processes reflect legislation, internal audit and changes to group business
- Advising and assisting the businesses and supporting functions in all tax related matters
- A strong working knowledge of UK tax legislation and case law, particularly VAT
- Experience of preparing VAT and corporation returns
- Understanding of tax issues associated with wider cross border trading activities including transfer pricing, thin cap, in-pat/ex-pat issues and WHT
- Prior experience of managing stakeholders
The UK tax manager role is both diverse and challenging and provides exposure to a mixture of taxes as well as a broad working portfolio. If you are looking role which offers variety and progression, then this role may interest you.
To apply, please contact me or apply here.