Assistant Tax Manager
Consultant Andrew Pal
Date posted 20 October 2016
A rare opportunity has arisen for an assistant tax manager to join a global property and housing company based in London. Reporting to the tax manager, the assistant tax manager will play a crucial part in the compliance and day to day operations of the Groups tax functions.
As the newly created assistant tax manager position will be integral to the deliverance of the company's overarching aims, reporting into the Group tax manager, you will be responsible for a variety of taxes including a mixture of both direct and indirect tax as well as advisory exposure.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparing tax computations and returns of the group’s companies and partnerships, and assisting with responses to HMRC enquiries and information requests
- Preparing the Non-Resident Landlord Income tax computations and returns of the group’s overseas companies and assisting with responses to HMRC enquiries and information requests
- Monitoring the group’s transfer pricing and worldwide debt cap strategy.
- Assisting the Group Tax Manager in calculating the Group’s forecast tax charge on a quarterly basis for the internal Management Pack
- Assisting the Group Tax Manager in calculating the actual Group tax charge for half year and year end including the preparation of all statutory tax reporting disclosures and the tax paper for the Audit Committee
- Maintaining, protecting and improving the quarterly and year-end tax reporting schedules so as to ensure they function in the correct way
- Assist in the preparation of tax forecasts to be included in group budgets
- Maintaining property tax database for chargeable gain disposal calculations
- Responsible for the preparation of all Group VAT returns
- Maintaining, protecting and improving the VAT reporting schedules so as to ensure they function in the correct way
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) returns to be reviewed and agreed with the Group Tax Manager prior to submission
- Liaising with HMRC on direct and indirect tax compliance matters
- Assisting the Group Tax Manager on ad hoc projects
- Qualified ACA/CA, or other non-UK equivalent qualification
- ATT, CTA preferred but not essential
- Experience with UK GAAP required
- Knowledge and experience in UK non-resident landlord, corporate tax compliance, CIS returns preferred
- Knowledge of VAT accounting and returns preferred
With a background in a global professional services firm, you will be used to advising a variety of different stakeholders. If a career in real estate is what you're searching for, then the assistant tax manager position will offer exposure to a diverse range of taxes and real career progression.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact me or apply here.