Consultant Andrew Pal
Date posted 20 October 2016
An exciting position has arisen for a tax manager to join a global investment bank based in London. Reporting into senior stakeholders it provides outstanding progression for those interested in a career in Financial Services.
In this growth driven, business critical Tax Manager position you will be an important member of the International Tax and UK Tax Compliance team. You will be responsible for liaising with internal and external counterparties to ensure that the external supplier provides UK tax returns on a timely basis. As well as assisting with management of the HMRC relationship, provision of ad hoc UK tax advice and solutions, and provision of international tax advice in the context of internal restructurings, capital structuring and external M&A.
- Oversight of work done on the Group and UK tax computations to ensure internal filing deadlines can be met
- Management of tax risk is a fundamental part of the role linking end to end documentation, controls and conformance testing for the different aspects of the role.
- Ad-hoc UK and International tax advisory work for internal projects, events and external M&A actions.
- Engagement with HMRC and responding to enquiries.
- Managing a varied, complex portfolio and large number of senior stakeholders across the portfolio.
- Review, monitor and advise in relation to capital and treasury issues as necessary.
- Professional tax related qualification is essential.
- Commercial awareness and sound judgement, a key attribute for the role will be general tax awareness
- Strong communication, problem solving and project management skills
- Financial Services background, preferably at a bank , asset manager or professional services firm
With a background in either professional services or other Financial Serivces institutions you will be aware of the current challenges facing and Tax Manager. Working with this renowned Financial Serives institution will allow you to build a career in a structured and progressive envirnoment. This Tax Manager role really is a springboard to successful career.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me or click to apply.