Consultant Nick Hughes
Date posted 18 October 2016
Based in central London, this hugely successful property company have a current need for a Part-Time Tax Manager (3-4 days per week). The role will support the Head of Tax in the management of the tax affairs of both the corporate structure and the development projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for a tax specialist to work in a newly-created Tax Manager role, within a small organisation working on large high-profile property projects. You will be liaising with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at a senior level. There is a huge variety of work on offer and scope to shape the tax department and develop/improve the service being provided to the wider business.
Key Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Tax with major restructuring projects and in identifying tax planning opportunities and process improvements
- Regular communication of technical tax matters to non-experts within the business
- Management of the tax compliance process for all corporate and project entities (corporates, LPs and LLPs). Some of the compliance is outsourced, some of the compliance is prepared in-house using specialist software (ONESource/Digita)
- Oversee the VAT return process, dealing with ad-hoc queries as they arise
- Oversee the CIS return process, dealing with ad-hoc queries as they arise
- Provide tax input on employee tax matters as required by HR
- Manage the tax administration of new and existing entities – to include management of permanent information, HMRC registrations, VAT grouping, CIS registrations etc.
- Manage the tax payment position of the various entities – to include management of the forecasting information for quarterly instalment payments where required
- Prepare the tax provisions for the statutory accounts and tax figures for inclusion in investor reporting
- Management of the LLP tax reserves, to include regular communications with partners on their tax position
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- ACA, CTA (4 years+ PQE) or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in corporate and partnership tax compliance
- Strong communicator and commercial mind set
- Understanding and practical experience of tax accounting
- Excellent Excel knowledge
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the property sector
- Understanding of US tax reporting
- Experience of One Source tax software
- Self-starter, able to identify work that needs to be undertaken and take responsibility for seeing it through to completion
- Diligent with a strong attention to detail
- An excellent communicator – an ability to work effectively with other members of the finance and project teams across all levels
- Committed to confidentiality and high professional standards
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to work to deadlines, including the ability to plan ahead and balance competing priorities
- Strong initiative and a desire to continually grow their knowledge and skills
Please click to apply.