Interim UK Tax Risk and Compliance Manager
Salary £400 - £500 per day
Consultant Nick Hughes
Date posted 03 October 2016
In this highly important Interim UK Tax Risk & Compliance Manager role, with this exceptional London based FTSE 25 FMCG company. You will be reporting to the UK Tax Manager, the UK Tax Risk & Compliance Manager will accurately prepare UK Corporation Tax Returns, assist with the preparation of the consolidated tax accrual and related disclosure for Group Reporting evaluate and document tax risk across the group as well as update the tax compliance and reporting process as required.
Responsibilities of Interim UK Tax Risk and Compliance Manager:
- Preparation of a portfolio of corporation tax return filings in the UK including full and accurate disclosure
- Maintain key CT compliance documents including group relief matrix and capital gains schedules
- Assist with preparation for the annual HMRC Business Risk Review and provide responses to any HMRC enquiries into UK corporation tax returns
- Work with UK Tax Manager to forecast the UK taxable profit position for quarterly tax payments
- Review annual CFC status of group’s overseas companies
- Help to prepare the group consolidated income tax charge, balance sheet and tax disclosures for Interim and Full year reporting, as well as Budget and Forecast cycles
- Review and where necessary assist businesses with preparation of tax reporting packs for year end and quarterly forecasts
- Collation and analysis of total tax contribution data for the group
- Extract information and prepare schedules to meet the group’s country-by-country reporting requirement
- Assist with the preparation of the group’s Masterfile and Local file transfer pricing documentation
- Provide input for UK statutory accounts preparation and audit in relation to tax and related disclosures
- Design and implement suitable controls over areas of risk in the UK tax compliance and reporting cycle
- Lead direct tax risk review process working with the Internal Audit team, reporting results to the Group Tax Director, evaluate and plan follow up
- Advise and support UK Companies on the most effective method of implementing their capital expenditure and other projects
- Provide tax support for our UK M&A activity including tax due diligence, structure, financing, tax warranties and indemnity
A commercial and pragmatic approach is essential to the effective management of the group’s tax affairs. It is vital that our Tax Team is effectively integrated with and supports the business. The successful candidate will be a key member of our small UK tax team and work closely with the UK businesses and group head office functions to ensure key tax matters are considered and actioned.
- Qualified accountant and/or Institute of Tax qualification.
- Trained with reputable accountancy practice, strong background in tax accounting, under both IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Preference for experience working in a UK tax role of a large group with a comprehensive working knowledge of the UK tax compliance system.
- Solid grounding in UK tax legislation, regulation and case law.
- Experience of a UK plc consolidated year end and related tax accounting and reporting preferred but not essential.
If you are interested in this role, please apply today.