Location City of London
Consultant Andrew Pal
Date posted 14 September 2016
This is a business critical Senior Tax Accountant role for a leading global Insurance firm based in the City of London. A newly created role it offers the chance for technically strong Tax Accountant to progress their career.
In this newly created Senior Tax Accountant role you will be responsible for all the tax filings for the European group; covering IPT, VAT, US Tax, Corporate Tax Returns as well as working on various aspects of Transfer Pricing.
- Preparation and completion of direct and indirect tax filings for all UK entities including Lloyd’s computations, UK branch computations, overseas branch and subsidiary tax computations and VAT, Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) and US FET returns
- Annual preparation and review of UK and non-UK tax disclosures and tax balances as part of the year-end audit process. This includes the responsibility of managing the external auditors on tax matters which impact the UK entities
- Completion of the quarterly UK tax reporting pack for US GAAP reporting purposes including tax forecasting and liaising with the US tax team on key tax issues
- European IPT reporting
- Management of tax investigations
- The primary contact for group on employee share options and restricted stock matters
- Preparation of the annual Senior Accounting Officer documentation and filings including maintaining appropriate governance and control documentation for the UK entities
- The FATCA contact person for the UK entities
- Day to day contact with professional advisors, financial controllers, underwriters, brokers, members of the US tax team and senior members of the group finance team on tax matters
- Working with the Head of European Tax to analyse tax developments including BEPS, diverted profits tax, transfer pricing, and withholding tax and the impact they will have on the European entities
- Updating and managing external advisors
- Maintaining certificate of residence documentation
- Chartered Tax Advisor;Tax Technician; or Chartered Accountant.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of accounting systems i.e. Great Plains, FRX reporting
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Insurance experience - preferred
- Corporation tax and Indirect tax experience - essential
- Experience in international tax - preferred
- Training with a reputable accounting firm - preferred
Given the scope of the business and what would be expected of this Senior Tax Accountant role, this is a position and environment for you to build a real depth of Technical Tax knowledge. The insurance arena also give you the chance to become a specialist with in an interesting field.
Please click to apply.