Salary £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus
Location City of London
Consultant Andrew Pal
Date posted 26 August 2016
A real estate company is looking to hire a Tax Analyst in the City of London to work within the broader Finance team, drive tax related process improvements, support the Senior Tax Manager and look to add value in all areas of tax. The Tax Analyst will be responsible for the oversight of all tax return filing and compliance related activities for the firm, it's subsidiaries and branch offices.
About the role:
This newly created in house tax role will work in a small team with lots of visibility in this highly respected property and housing firm with opportunity to add value in all areas of tax and across the business.
Corporate and indirect tax returns are currently filed by this company for their global offices which includes Europe, the Nordics, Asia and Australia. The Tax Analyst will take ownership of, from a compliance and advisory perspective, for corporate, local, indirect, payroll, construction and other taxes.
An initial project will include assessing the currently outsourced compliance process for London and international assets, management companies and offshore holding companies and subsequently spearhead a movement to bring aspects in house.
The tax analyst will own this element moving forward and be tasked with advising on how to increase further efficiencies within the team.
- Oversight of UK and international tax compliance to ensure tax filings, estimates and payments are submitted timely and accurately across all jurisdictions
- Transition UK tax compliance from advisors to in house preparation
- Ensure compliance with CIS regulations
- Assist with transfer pricing compliance and documentation
- Keep up to date and advise the business on changes in tax legislation in the jurisdictions where the company operates
- Liaise with HMRC and assist on any enquiries
- Work with local finance teams on any ad hoc tax queries
- Assist the finance team with tax accounting adjustments
- Transactions work - assist and support the Senior Tax Manager on any transactions, projects and other ad hoc issues
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CTA (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with UK GAAP
- Knowledge of or exposure to VAT accounting and returns preferable
- Experience in real estate investment, or development organisation/department preferred
- Knowledge of corporate tax compliance process/production, and experience in UK non-resident landlord preferred
- Ability to grow into the role and take on more responsibilities with the expected growth of the portfolio and continued in-sourcing
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience using corporate tax preparation software preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.