Salary £45000 - £55000 per annum
Consultant Andrew Pal
Date posted 30 September 2016
A new Tax Advisor role has become available at a global Financial Services Institution based in Surrey. Reporting into the Head of Tax it is very much seen as a growth role for someone looking to eventually become a Head of Tax.
In this newly created, business critical Tax Advisor role you will work with the Head of Tax to support the tax compliance and tax reporting processes of the Group across all relevant taxes leading to full compliance with the Group’s statutory obligations. You will eventually manage tax projects and initiatives as required and as a subject matter expert will also provide pro-active tax advice and input to relevant business activity.
- Identify tax savings, calculating, preparing and submitting accounts and tax returns
- To calculate the Corporation tax charge and tax provisions for accounts purposes
- To keep up to date with tax legislation
- To review the Group’s VAT partial exemption position and assess whether any improvement can be made
- To consider whether the group tax structures are tax efficient and propose changes to improve the position
- To calculate tax due under the PSA and to review and maintain an appropriate PSA
- To coordinate the annual internal VAT audit and take any appropriate action arising (including training, system improvements and disclosure of any errors to HM Customs and Excise)
- To effectively manage the costs of external advice
- To provide advice to Stakeholders on all taxes as required
- To operate within agreed budgets and achieve agreed financial targets/benefits
- Complete required tax reporting in a timely manner
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules
- Advise Stakeholders regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies and the impact of new laws on tax liabilities
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, ACCA or equivalent
- Good technical knowledge of Tax, VAT and Accounting
- Excellent Attention to detail, logical and reasoned approach to problem solving with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to build relationships and influence at all levels
As a Tax Advisor, this is a quite unique opportunity. The Head of Tax has a real interest in growing your technical knowledge and ability. If you ultimate career goal is to be a Head of Tax of a globally renowned business, this role is a must.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.