Project Support Coordinator
Salary £19,000 - £22,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Lucy Martin
Date posted 29 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Support Coordinator to join a Global Engineering and Construction new Shared Service Centre near Leigh. Role paying up to £22k Plus bonus.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Support Coordinator to join a Global Engineering and Construction new Shared Service Centre near Leigh. The company are opening their centre and are looking to take on enthusiastic individuals to support the growth within the business.
As a Project Support Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Project Managers are supported for all projects.
- Responsible for managing the portfolio of projects and thus project stakeholders at any one time
- Run weekly management order reports, review them and host review meetings with the Project Manager, Quantity Surveyor in order to determine the interventions and decisions that need to be made on the project costs
- Monitor and maintain orders, as well ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temping agencies
- Highlight and escalate to the PM on interventions required on Site where there is lack of process compliance by site personnel that would risk financial accuracy of the project numbers
- Managing senior site based staff to comply with process and procedures – being a the centre of shifting a cultural change in the business’ project delivery for where it is today
- Liaise with accounts payable, procurement and suppliers to problem solve e.g. Delivery notes not received, Quantities not in line with orders, supplier payment query, buying and delivery of goods to site
- Ensuring all staff are in line with compliance
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent at building and maintaining relationships
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products
- Construction Industry Site experience is preferred but not compulsory
- Have an assertive, positive attitude
- Construction Industry Training e.g. Project Controls, Basic Finance, Basic Payroll would be desirable
This is a permanent position to join a new and expanding team within the business. Naturally there will be opportunity to progress in this exciting new project.