Directorate Support Assistant
Salary £18,468 - £21,546 per annum
Consultant Lucy Martin
Date posted 30 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Manchester City Centre for a Directorate Support Assistant to join a leading transportation company. This is a permanent opportunity to support the growth of the business and is paying up to £21,546pa.
As a Directorate Support Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake administration duties as required including correspondence, the production of reports, agendas, minutes, meeting management, presentations and diary management.
- Be the point of contact for document control for centrally held electronic files.
- Assist with preparation of documentation of processes and procedures for dissemination to stakeholders and business users.
- Undertake the archiving of documentation, monitoring and management of archived materials and retrieval of records.
- Organise the agendas, and the co-ordination and distribution of papers, including proofreading and formatting reports in line with corporate branding for meetings.
- A Directorate Support Assistant will book venues, accommodation, catering and equipment in a timely manner for meetings.
- Manage your designated Director/Managers diaries and inbox to ensure the efficient use of time and managing conflicting and changing priorities
- Coordinating liaison with external government, local and third sector organisations
- Recommend and implement, where appropriate, improvements to current administrative processes and procedures in order to assist your Director/Manager
- Draft email and letter responses on request for approval by your Director/Manager
- Raise orders, make purchases and produce appropriate records as required to support the management team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous relevant experience in an administration role or experience of working with support systems.
- Experience of developing and implementing office processes and procedures.
- Customer service experience and experience of working with a wide range of people.
- Experience of maintaining staff records using database storage and retrieval systems.
- Experience of working with sensitive and confidential material.
- Experience of writing reports and business letters.
- Knowledge of standard office systems, equipment and processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to manage a varied workload.