Salary £65,000 - £70,000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension
Consultant Nick Allwood
Date posted 01 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A division of a multi-faceted plc who operate within the supply of specialist packaging in to the retail sector are looking for an Account Director. This role will be based in Manchester but require UK travel. Salary up to £70k plus car, bonus and benefits.
About the Role
The Account Director will take senior responsibility for clients whilst directing the Account Manager and Service Delivery teams. The role will be to develop existing and build new senior management relationships within a designated portfolio of key Accounts in the supermarket/retail sectors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the strategic relationships of customers at senior management and operational levels to achieve the annual sales and margin targets
- Lead the Account Teams to develop the commercial relationships and communicate the value proposition that the Business offers its customers
- Develop strategic Account Development Plans for the designated Accounts
- Manage the direct reports and conduct monthly 1-2-1 reviews and annual appraisals
- Engage with Customer’s senior management team and stakeholders to position the Company’s proposition as an added value supplier
- Work collaboratively with internal departments to deliver solutions and excellent service to the Customer
- Manage and mitigate the risks of doing business with Accounts
- Work with Marketing & Promotional departments to support key campaigns
- Own the tender (preparation, editing and delivery) and Response for Information (RFI) processes for Customers
- Monitor and track the sales and margin performance on a regular basis
- Capture market information such as competitor activity, innovation, pricing and record in internal systems in a timely manner
We are looking for an Account Director who can demonstrate managing contract renewal and tender activities, whilst also growing revenues and profit margins. The requirement is both a strategic development role articulating the Company’s proposition to Customer’s key stakeholders, whilst also requiring a dynamic, analytical individual with good attention to detail to uncover economies across the supply chain.
Key attributes will be:
Reliable and proactive with commercial acumen
- Positive, self-starter who can multi-task under pressure
- Comfortable in business environment with senior managers up to Board level
- Extensive market sector experience with 5 - 10+ years in a senior strategic Account Management/ Business Development Director role
- Practical knowledge working ideally with large UK retail organisations, ideally but not limited to goods not for resale (GNFR) sector
- Advanced commercial contractual negotiations at senior level
About the Company
A division of a multi-faceted plc who operate within the supply of specialist packaging in to the retail sector. This role will be based in Manchester but require UK travel.