Retentions & Collections Director (Telco/Utilities)
Consultant Richard Ryan
Date posted 26 July 20192019-07-30 2019-09-24 utilities Manchester Greater Manchester GB M3 3HF GBP 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading business services provider is currently seeking a Retentions & Collections Director to join its operations in the North West. Reporting to the COO, the role will be a key member of the senior management team and be responsible for delivering low levels of bad debt in tandem with effective retention and renewal activity.
Key duties include:
- Develop and lead a large, high performing team covering retentions, renewals, credit control and debt collection to support profitable growth of the business.
- Formulate and execute an effective retention and collections strategy with key stakeholders whilst ensuring regulatory obligations are met
- Implement improvements to current strategy, process, people and technology that will enable the business to expand into a more complex service offering.
- Drive customer engagement
- Develop leaders and managers who are committed to growing others within the company to drive up performance
- Manage a multi-million pound budget covering labour costs, work with third party collectors and deliver cash collected targets
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement within the area
- Support the delivery of the organisation's long term plan including the readiness of the Retention and Collections teams for those changes
The successful candidate will have:
- Held a senior operations role leading collections activity in a complex and growing business
- Experience in telco and/or utilities collections
- Held P&L responsibility or be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen
- Background in credit control and debt management, ideally with some retentions experience
- Ability to lead and motivate teams of senior people to deliver excellent results
- Able to manage day to day performance whilst support and lead group wide change
- Proven ability to set and manage strategic goals
- Managed multiple complex and interlinked operational functions
- Consistently overachieve against targets in a fast paced growing organisation
- Highly organised and an effective communicator
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with an ability to influence outcomes
This is a fantastic opportunity to thrive in a fast paced, hands-on, customer orientated environment with substantial growth plans and in return comes with excellent long term career prospects and attractive remuneration and package benefits. Please reply with an updated copy of your CV as applications for this role will close shortly.