UK National Account Manager
Salary £40,000 - £46,000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 sales Luton Bedfordshire GB GBP 40000 46000 46000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Currently recruiting for a growing UK market leading FMCG firm based in Luton, due to extensive year on year growth and large expansion plans my client is looking to add to an already successful sales and Accounts team. The role is a UK National Account Manager, where the successful individual will have full ownership of the UK remit with freedom to grow and develop some great key contracts with well-known retail brands.
UK National Account Manager
Working closely with the managing director and a small team of account managers/directors, you will be able to directly impact and drive strategic initiatives. The National Account Manager is required to identify new opportunities within existing accounts or new partners within the market, build partnerships that deliver increased performance for the brand including negotiating at Director and above level (happy to engage with senior stakeholders on a day to day basis).
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing a Business Development strategy, be inquisitive and drive new business growth in new areas
- Manage several large-scale UK retail contracts with high volume and demanding accounts
- Identifying new markets and ways to enter new markets for both the customer and the brand
- Vast amount of investment is put into driving business growth and continue the impressive YoY growth we are experiencing
- Work closely with the MD to execute business development strategy and growth
- Expanding existing partners to international level where relevant
As our ideal candidate you are highly-motivated, energetic about making a positive difference, and have an inherent passion for visible business growth! Major retail exposure is very desirable but more importantly you must be ambitious and want to grow within the brand.
Skills and experience will include;
- Proven Account Management experience in a retail FMCG brand environment, preferably having experience of dealing with a top 6 retail customer.
- 2/3 years experience working in National Account roles
- Strong Communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Astute financial awareness with a proven track record and methodology to exceed sales targets
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work with others to deliver a specific customer strategy
- Can demonstrate outstanding customer relationship management techniques
The perfect person will thrive within a very fast-paced environment, and highly visible role, and be capable of developing and growing with the business. Culture-fit is a big thing for my client, whereby it has grown massively but remains a people centric and down to earth environment.
If this could be you or anyone in your network please apply below or drop me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org