Salary + bonus + Company Car
Location West MidlandsFULL_TIME
Consultant Nathan Beard
Date posted 06 March 2019 2019-03-062019-05-05 pharmaceuticals West Midlands West Midlands GB B1 2LP GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Our client is a fast-growing, cutting-edge Manufacturing and Distribution business, with a division focusing on the creation and distribution of Fine Chemicals including Intermediates and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient’s (API’s). Due to significant success and an increase in overall company growth, they are now seeking an energetic, determined and enthusiastic Technical Manager to join their Chemistry Division. By supporting the technical sales team, you would identify opportunities to research and manufacture in their key markets. The successful candidate would also, play a part as a major problem solver, acting as the escalation point of contact and provide an action plan to devise commercial routes to market and oversee the research, development and manufacturing stages of projects. Ideally located in the Midlands region, you would be responsible for travelling to customer site in the UK as well as regular international travel to their Manufacturing sites.
• Partner with technical sales team to identify commercially relevant CRAMs activities
• Develop strategic contacts and support commercial targets within key markets of Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical, Fine Chemical and Veterinary
• Develop Key Accounts for CRAMs
• Make regular customer visits in the UK and Europe supporting team sales activity (Exhibitions and joint visits)
• Devise commercially relevant synthesis routes for organic intermediates.
• Project manage through our Clients manufacturing partners of chemical intermediates, APIs
• Where appropriate; identify Market Authorisation holders
• Collate marketing information (product knowledge, prices, literature, sales tools)
• Communicate with Supplier Partners (sales related activities, market information, product development)
Desired Background and Skills:
• Minimum MSc/PhD in Chemistry (or equivalent / similar)
• Extensive industrial CRAMs experience including experience of scale up from research laboratory organic synthesis into commercial reality (essential)
• Analytical skills (FTir, GCMS, NMR, GLC)
• Project management/Research + Development skills
• Ability to communicate with manufacturing resources in USA, Europe, China and India.