Regional Sales Manager
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Bradshaw
Date posted 08 January 2019 2019-01-082019-03-09 sales Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
I am currently recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager for one of my clients who specialise in the Scientific Sector. The role of the Regional Sales Manager will include being accountable for profitable achievement of sales objectives for new sales and existing accounts in an assigned territory. The manager is responsible for preparing monthly and annual territory reports for the Regional Sales Team. Responsibility will also include the hands-on leadership of the assigned Regional Sales Team with the primary accountability for achievement of specific sales objectives for new business and existing accounts within the assigned territory.
- Oversees, directs and monitors the daily activities of direct reports including but not limited to: performance management, goal setting, job evaluations, developing and mentoring team members. You will also be required to travel with direct reports on a regular basis.
- Analyse and praise the effectiveness of the representatives call activities by reviewing call reports, sales metrics including sales calls, reviewing sales pipelines by individuals and by team and coaching staff as appropriate.
- Oversee execution of overall sales strategies in order to achieving regional sales goals and business objectives.
- Educate Sales Team on customer needs, market trends, product and service offerings and value propositions; ensuring proper sales and training coverage.
- Works collaboratively with various internal partners to forecast and track the accuracy of sales projections, territory alignment, and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop people, motivate, enhance selling skills and drive performance.
- Assures accurate and complete communication flow between the field and sales leadership.
- Develops relationships with key regional customers.
- Responsible for hiring and training sales staff as business needs require.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science related fields, business, communications or other related disciplines.
- 7 more more year's of sales related experience including lead generation, inside and outside sales and business development.
- 3 or more years of demonstrated experience with team building and managing professionals in remote locations.
- Strong role model sales leader with ability to develop and motivate people at all levels.
- Experience selling science related solutions and/or information/intellectual property.
- Strong understanding and capacity to articulate industry-specific value proposition to customer address pain point.
- Ability to successfully coach and develop individuals in a competitive sales environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a permanent opportunity that is offering a competitive basic salary as well as a bonus structure on top. For further information, please contact Charlotte Bradshaw on firstname.lastname@example.org