Head of Commercial Management
Salary £80,000 - £100,000 per annum
Consultant Marcus Blackburn
Date posted 22 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
International market-leading law firm, is looking to strengthen it's leadership team in Manchester with the recruitment of a new Head of Commercial Management.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer for the Division the Head of Commercial Management will work as an integral member of National (product) leadership team leading a small team of Commercial Managers, to understand and drive commercial delivery, identifying opportunities to improve the commercial
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Operate as a key member of National (product) leadership teams, working closely with the senior stakeholders to plan and deliver P&L and key performance outcomes.
- Lead the development of robust budgets for each department in the Division, working closely with stakeholders across the business matrix to ensure that plans are in place to underpin delivery of income, cost and cashflow.
- Develop tools and data led approaches, to forecast short and long term income delivery.
- Identify, control and positively influence key financial drivers to consistently deliver against our business plan, providing predictable sustainable results to support continued growth, profitability and investment.
- Work closely with stakeholders in Regional locations, Finance and Business Development to understand and drive performance across teams, identifying opportunities to improve the commercial performance.
- Complete analysis to identify and understand thematic commercial trends, working with National Teams to influence longer term delivery.
- Closely track, monitor and report on performance, providing regular timely and accurate updates on performance for key stakeholder groups, including the National Team Exec, the Division Exec and Exec Board.
- Lead a range of commercial projects to deliver short and long term improvements, working closely with stakeholders across the business matrix to build insight and action plans.
- Represent the Commercial team on a range of projects, to ensure that commercial impacts are fully modelled and understood.
- Support the development of scenarios and new business models to respond to law reform and market change in the best interests of the firm's clients’.
- Build and lead a small expert team of Commercial Managers which will complement the strengths of the legal teams, increasing the commercial and operational rigour whilst enabling the legal teams to focus on creating value for clients.
- Build strong internal relationships to leverage expertise across Group Services and build experience and expertise from external industries to drive commercial value for the firm.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Credible self-starters with a track record of commercial success, operating within large scale operational service delivery businesses including professional, financial or business services.
- Experience of delivering strong commercial outcomes through the management of commercial drivers and key performance indicators. Full profit and loss management is essential.
- Commercially astute with excellent communication and presentation skills, able to engage and influence at all levels across the organisation.
- Strong people leader, engaging and developing team members and leveraging the strengths of others in cross functional teams.
- Experience of operating in a complex matrix structure model – managing relationships across a range of stakeholder groups.
- Resilient and change focused – will have a track record of delivering step change improvements, as well as incremental improvements within a business.
- Drive and ambition – a passion for continuous improvement.
Apply below, or to find out more about this Commercial Management opportunity, please contact Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters plc on Marcus.Blackburn@robertwalters.com or call +44 161 214 7400