Strategic Account Manager
Salary £40000 - £55000 per annum + Commission, Benefits, Pension
Consultant Arvind Sharma
Date posted 18 November 2016
An opportunity has arisen in London with a leading Business Information provider to manage their highest value accounts as a Strategic Account Manager. We're looking for a natural relationship builder, that see's strategic accounts with a hunter mentality as there's an exceptional opportunity to grow on significant revenue streams through upsell activity whilst positioning market-leading consulting and research insights.
This is an exceptional opportunity to partner with a leading Business Services organisation going through significant growth.
Reporting into the Director of Account Management, as Strategic Account manager you will be responsible for the full Sales & Relationship life cycle managing the highest value accounts across the Construction Industry.
Strategic Account Manager Responsibilities
- Ensure the highest possible Renewal + Upgrade Retention Rate from the portfolio
- Writing sales / renewal proposals for commercial evaluation
- Design Strategic Account Upsell plans
- Industry/market knowledge: understanding client base, who buys & why, industry themes, market issues that may drive sales
- Engaging with clients, generating leads and managing a pipeline so the organisation delivers on its annual revenue and gross profit targets
- Utilising the services of the organisations consulting and research analyst teams in order to develop on-going and in-depth contacts with key clients
- Using your personal contacts and habitual lead sourcing/networking in order to generate leads and win projects
- Keeping abreast of relevant competitive offerings, understanding both their strengths and weaknesses, so that the USPs of the organisation can be effectively positioned in comparison to incumbent suppliers
- Developing a referral network, getting client testimonials
The Successful Strategic Account Manager
- Well-refined, value-based new business sales skills and account management expertise across all levels
- Experience in dealing with £50k plus Enterprise agreements
- Ability to design and maintain multi level global account plans
- Previously dealt with large scale international clients
- A “hunter” sales approach in order to continually seek out new business opportunities, source new potential buying points and strive to find new, current briefs for the delivery team to propose upon In addition, “farmer” disciplines are also required so that the relationship is developed in order to create a robust, sustainable, value led and long term business partnership
- Good presentation / demonstration capabilities both through face to face and teleconference with experience in dealing with large groups
- Strategic and analytical thinking – the ability to conceptualise, understand and qualify client issues, relative to the organisation’s proposition and ensure that all leads passed through to delivery are robust and aligned with client requirements and budgets
- Strong client interaction skills – considerable experience of working with both internal and external clients and in preparing and conducting sales presentations to Senior Management
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve and exceed sales targets and other key performance indicators
This organisation is a leader within the Business Information arena. They going through a period of strong growth in line with their sustained business strategy and as part of a wider group of companies, they have had significant investment to drive forward their ability to deliver at the global stage.
Are you interested in an opportunity that will see you drive the highest value accounts, with the opportunity to grow significant revenue and establish yourself as a major player? If so, apply now and let's have an informed conversation.