Contract type: FULL_TIME
Salary: £100,000 - £118,000 per annum
Consultant: Darius Goodarzi
Job reference: 50978113/001
Date posted: 18 October 2023london risk-and-compliance/operational-risk 2023-11-06 2023-12-17 consultancy London London GB GBP 100000 118000 118000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
My client, a consultancy firm based in London are looking for a Technology Risk Director to join their growing team.
About the IT Risk Director role:
My client is looking for an ambitious and experienced individual who is passionate about what they do, bring a level of knowledge and expertise that can bring value to theri clients, and want to have a leading role in evolving and growing their digital trust propositions in a growing Risk Advisory practice. My client is on an exciting journey, it is seeking to break the mould of professional services firms, to be unique in its offering and radical in its approach. They want to work with like-minded individuals who will value our clients and thrive on the impact their services can provide.
• Lead and support the development of my client's digital trust propositions and our approach with their clients.
• Have awareness of commercial aspects of the clients’ businesses and impact on their work.
• Play a lead role on all aspects of delivery.
• Demonstrate leadership in supporting the technical development of the team delivering the digital trust/technology risk services.
• Oversee and lead on the client administration processes, including client take-on processes; managing firm risk and managing client billing.
• Extensive experience overseeing the delivery of cyber assurance, ISO27001 readiness, cyber essentials readiness and the technology elements of Sarbanes Oxley reviews.
• Take a leading role to building strong client relationships, ensure they receive an efficient and proactive service and that client expectations are met.
• Manage and oversee the ITGC support to their external audit team and take a lead role in maintaining strong relationships with the Partners/Directors and ensuring that a high-quality service is provided.
• To add value to the client relationship, identifying and developing opportunities to improve the clients’ businesses and/or develop additional services for my client
• Lead and deliver client engagements and assignments, ensuring exceptional client service.
• To support and lead on the development of the team and their digital trust propositions and work to develop campaigns to raise market awareness and build network.
• Lead on the development of novel and innovative proposals for new work, attendance at marketing events, development of personal contacts and identification and development of opportunities for my client with their current clients.
• To develop and undertake a continuous marketing programme which creates opportunities to grow their client base.
• Have/build extensive network (internal and external) to promote the digital trust offering.
• Play a pivotal role in building and developing the digital trust team, identifying training and development needs and taking a leadership role in building capacity and capability.
• Have line management role within the Risk Advisory practice.
• To delegate appropriate work and provide appropriate mentoring to more junior staff, aiding their development.
• Have a clear leadership role, playing a key role in leading and supporting the team.
Training and development
• Play an active role in personal development.
• To assess the training, development (and recruitment) needs of the team to support the digital trust propositions.
• Planning and organising - to have a lead role in ensuring that all client work is carried out within the appropriate timescales through continual monitoring of progression of the work.
• Active management of a client portfolio, oversee the end-to-end technology focused internal audit or IT controls assurance engagements, from planning through to fieldwork and reporting.
• Technical expertise – strong background in leading and delivering core and related technology risk and digital trust approaches. The ability to translate this into clear scopes and terms of reference and be able to oversee and lead on delivery. To be able to answer staff and client technical queries and make technical decisions.
• Commercial awareness - to take a lead role in making commercial decisions affecting the client and to be able to monitor the commercial effectiveness of work done by my client
• Teamwork – leading the digital trust team as an integrated part of a wider Risk Advisory practice ensuring that the department as a whole meets its growth and delivery objectives whilst ensuring that all client demands are met.
• Problem solving - technical knowledge to resolve client issues and organisation to be flexible to meet client demands.
• Customer focus - ensuring clients expectations are exceeded, by providing a first-class service at all times.
• Business Development – ability to develop trusted advisor status with clients. Leading on the development of the propositions and on the development of proposal documents.
• Appropriate technology assurance qualifications (CISA; CISSP; etc)
• Membersship of other professional bodies would be welcome (ACA, ACCA; CIA; CMIIA; etc)
• Experience or ability to work across a range of sectors
• Experience of (and appetite for) business development activities such as targeting, preparation of proposal documents, proposal presentations and attendance of networking events
• Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong leadership skills and be able to lead, manage/motivate the team.
• Motivated self-starter with ambition to successfully continuing to progress your career
• Ability to deliver against agreed growth targets
• Comfortable in leading on client presentations and attendance at networking events
If the above is of interest and you would like to find out more, please apply to this job advertisement or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.