Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Max Johnson
Date posted 17 June 20192019-06-19 2019-08-16 recruitment-consultancy London London GB GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As a global recruitment consultancy, we are continuing to grow our internal Projects function. The focus of this role is to deliver Business Analysis capabilities to new and ongoing projects within the Technology & Transformation department. Based in London, the remit is global in nature, with many projects providing solutions for use in all countries within the group.
This focus of the role will be to complete the end-to-end Business Analysis process for implementing new applications and upcoming projects. This will include eliciting and understanding business needs, ensure these requirements are captured and analysed, accurately documented and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders.
Business Analyst related duties:
- Manage and be responsible for the business analysis tasks in assigned projects end-to-end
- Elicit requirements using methods (but not limited to) interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information and processes gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details.
- Data mapping and performing data investigations against live and upcoming systems
- Converting business requirements into functional solutions and data specifications
- Preparing material for and running workshops
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver relevant project deliverables (Business Requirements Document; Functional Requirements Specification).
- Working with teams to identify business critical needs and breaking those down into requirements in order to meet the required outcome
- Support the design and implementation of solutions to meet the defined customer requirements.
- Build trusting and productive relationships with the business and IT teams to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business process.
- Work independently with users/ stakeholders to define concepts and under direction of Head of Business Change & Analysis and Project Manager (where applicable).
Skills and Experience
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in relation to process, data and system analysis with strong attention to details
- Understanding of how to interpret customer / business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- An ability to grasp new technologies and translate technology for users
- Demonstrable experience of both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills at all levels of the business, including up to C level exec.
- Ability to interact, manage and challenge senior stakeholders
- Ability to communicate methodology and tools used and explain why they are used is critical.
- Presenting requirements in a way that can be understood from all parties (business and IT teams)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders to extract the relevant information.
- Excellent MS Office skills: Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Technical skills: UML modelling.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Good organisation and time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Enthusiasm, passion and energy
- Minimum of 5 years proven Business Analyst experience
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level with a concentration in Business, Computer Science or a related field is desirable.
- Business analyst qualifications highly desirable (CBAP, BCS, PMI-PBA).