Project Manager (Infrastructure)
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Edel Greene
Date posted 16 January 2019 2019-01-162019-03-15 it London London GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Our clients Head Office in London is seeking an IT Project Manager to join a rapidly growing Projects division which delivers on global requirements. As a Project Manager you'll be using a mix of traditional Waterfall and Agile methodologies to ensure the development teams fully understand requirements and develop suitable solutions which you will manage through the full project management lifecycle. The remit is global in nature and the types of projects on the horizon are diverse covering areas such as Infrastructure and Digital Marketing/Website upgrades, Service Automation, CRM System upgrades, HR and Payroll, Data Warehouse and Reporting.
Dimensions of the role and main responsibilities:
Working with stakeholders and resources to successfully deliver projects to cost, time and quality standards using the company’s prescribed project management methodology. Key elements include:
Applying Project Management and Governance:
- Implement project governance and assurance through deliverables such as Project Initiation Documents, budgets and other documents that support the project management methodology
- Create and execute the various project plans (task management, communications, test plans etc.)
- Ensure project stage gates are planned and materials prepared that will enable the Project Board to sign-off and approve the next stage of delivery
- Applying Project Change Management principles to control the project scope.
- Create and manage RAIDs ensuring risks, issues, dependencies are managed/escalated as required. Accurate and timely status reporting
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the project showcasing your experience and ability to work hands-on
- Minimise our exposure to risk across multiple projects
- Build and maintain a resource plan ensuring adequate resources are budgeted for and assigned to deliver their project tasks
- Where required, develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services
- Liaise with and manage third party resources as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders, ensuring clear lines of communications.
- Setting up, facilitating and documenting outputs of meetings as required
- Contributing to team / departmental meetings
- Completion of tasks as requested by the IT Programme Director
Knowledge, Skills and personal attribute:
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the ability to work within a fast paced environment
- Ability to bring structure to a fluid environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Relationship building skills and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with team members and a variety of stakeholder groups
- Versatile and flexible with a can do attitude with a willingness to take on new tasks as required
- Displays strong communication skills with the ability to articulate relative to audience acting as a bridge between technology and the business
- Experience of end-to-end office moves advantageous
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in IT Infrastructure with reference to virtualisation, network upgrades, VOIP, Desktop Strategy and Rollout as well as Privileged Access Management
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Possesses a Project Management certification ideally Prince 2, PMI or PMP, other methodologies considered
- Educated to Degree standard or above in relevant discipline.
If you would like to apply, please contact Edel Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 0207 509 8557 or apply via the link.