Project Manager- Finance Transformation
Salary £65,000 - £70,000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 04 December 2018 2018-12-04manufacturing-and-production UK Robert Walters
Recruiting for an accomplished project manager to head up a large scale multinational finance transformation project for a market leading listed business based in Luton for a 6-9 month period. The role will partner closely with the UK Finance director and will have multinational stakeholders across an EMEA remit. The role will initially be a 6-9 month contract however my client will look to extend or make a successful candidate perm if they wish.
Provide first class project management support to the European leadership team in the planning and execution of the new finance org design.
Ensure a smooth hand over of ongoing projects within Finance to include Expense and Purchase Card implementation and the final stages of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transition to the GBS centre in Belgrade.
Assume the role as European Project Manager for the Global Finance Transformation Project, supporting the European Transformation Lead in delivering on each of the following phases; Define; Validate, Design, Build/Test/Train; Execution for each work stream. Global Finance Transformation Initiatives being:
- Account to Report
- Procure to Pay
- Order to Cash
Support the development and implementation of the appropriate governance to ensure that business processes are fit-for-purpose and continuously improved, and that projects at all levels are appropriately resourced and managed to ensure on-time in-full delivery. This will include:
- A process and a set of KPIs for articulating business benefits (cost reduction, profit and efficiency improvements, sales and customer value enhancement, other) that ensure transparency of delivered benefits to the bottom line.
- Use of project management tools and practices, as well as lean capabilities to prioritize activities, drive a structured business improvement program and ensure that the team members put in practice a project management way of thinking and it becomes embedded in the culture (PDCA, DMAIC, gate reviews, responsibilities and accountabilities (RACI), project review discipline).
- The sharing of best practice from projects and business process maturity across the region
- Lead the delivery of year-on-year bottom line benefits through project activity in line with business requirements.
To lead end-to-end projects, involving:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Degree educated
- Project Management certification (Prince2, PMI, others),
- Lean Six Sigma certification as a Green Belt or more desirable, Black Belt. Successfully led finance projects in global organisations or significant business units within, demonstrated Transactional project experience
- Managed stakeholders locally and remotely Experience in managing projects in supporting functions
- Solid experience leading projects and multicultural teams
If this could be you or anyone in your network, please drop me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or conversely apply below and I will set up a conversation.