Legal Project Analyst
Salary £40,000 - £55,000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Eric Fleury
Date posted 07 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Tier One Law Firm based in London is rapidly expanding its Legal Project Management Function and is now seeking a junior Legal Project Analyst to join its ranks.
The firm’s LPM function has been launched as a result of increasing demand by clients and the firm’s own strategy to provide market leading legal services. As Legal Project Analyst, you will be working across the function’s core services which include Legal Project Management, Legal Process Improvement and Consulting. This will give you vast exposure to associates and partners within a variety of practice areas, as well as external clients in time. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist the team in the delivery of end-to-end Legal Project Management lifecycle for various matters (Work with partners, legal staff and relevant business services staff to create and monitor scope documents, staffing plans and budgets).
- Preparing and managing client status reports in Excel
- Track and analyse actual engagement time and costs against budget
- Coordinate regular project team meetings in consultation with the partners and/or lead associate(s)
- Plan and track timelines, milestones and dependencies.
- Help identify new working efficiencies and processes and assist Legal Project Managers in their delivery
- Support the post-engagement review process. Research practice area processes through discussions with fee earners and identify potential areas of improvement.
- Assist with the roll out and delivery of formal training programs relating to LPM
To be successful in your application for the Legal Project Analyst role, you will be able to demonstrate the below skills / experience:
- Background in delivering projects end-to-end, ideally within a legal environment, but would consider those who have worked in Professional Services or Financial Services
- Interest in LPM and how it can be deployed within a firm to add value
- Consultancy skill set (stakeholder management, change management, project delivery etc.)
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of process change
- Commercial approach and ability to present up to Partner level
This is an excellent opportunity to part of a new and growing function where you will be given real responsibility from day one. Please do get in touch to discuss further.