Capital Markets Consultants
Salary £40000 - £95000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Eric Fleury
Date posted 16 November 2016
A Tier One Consultancy is currently looking for Capital Markets Consultants (multiple hires at Assistant Manager, Manager & Senior Manager level) to join their London based Operations Transformation Practice. They are looking for individuals who can make significant contributions through sector expertise, client engagement and delivery of new business opportunities.
You will be joining a fast paced and rapidly expanding practice area, working with top tier clients with opportunities to support the business through business development activities, developing value propositions and playing a lead role in client engagement and assignment delivery.
Responsibilities for Capital Markets Consultants will vary depending on your level of seniority, but will include:
- Delivery client engagements, taking full ownership and accountability for workstreams/projects or programmes
- Support formulation of propositions and solutions that meet client requirements
- Mentor and coach other members of the team
- Support senior members of the practice in developing and converting a pipeline of opportunities..
- Business development support
- Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability
- Project management (to include proven methodologies such as PRINCE II, MSP) and demonstrable client account management capabilities
- Solution development, showing a clear ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to enhance existing solutions, and develop new ones, with specific emphasis on Operations Transformation and Best Practice (including ‘Lean’ and Six Sigma)
The business is extremely selective in who they choose to bring on and look for candidates who are able to blend deep subject matter expertise, end-to-end change delivery and polished interpersonal skills.
Below are some key requirements that you will need to be able to show if you are to be considered:
- Consulting background with successful track record of Business Development for Capital Markets (more important for Manager & Senior Manager level)
- In-depth experience gained in either a buy-side or sell-side institution with exposure to shaping and delivering significant programmes of Operational Change. Key areas of interest include:
- Regulatory-driven change
- Operating model analysis and design to support Operations consolidation and integration
- Business divestment and sourcing
- New product/market strategies.
- Sector knowledge is a pre- requisite across any or all asset classes (e.g. OTC derivatives, Fixed Income and Equities)
- In-depth understanding of the pre and post trade transaction value chain (trade capture through to settlement) together with an appreciation of the threats and opportunities presented by market and regulatory change agendas
- The ability to present to C-Level decision makers
- Experience of managing teams (all levels). For Senior Manager level, they will be looking for extensive experience of leading multiple, diverse and complex client programmes' and having accountability for managing resources, potential over-runs, billing, and recovery
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to further your careers as a consultant within a globally recognised brand.
If you think you meet the above criteria, please do get in touch to discuss the Capital Markets Consultants roles in more detail.