Salary £4500 - £55000 per annum
Consultant James Murray
Date posted 07 September 2016
Robert Walters is looking to hire a London based Project Manager into an excellent opportunity within our head office. This full life cycle project manager opportunity will see your working across multiple projects in Business Applications, e-Commerce, Infrastructure, HR, Payroll and Legal.
AIM OF THE ROLE:
As a Project Manager with a strong focus on Business Analysis, you'll be using a mix of traditional (Waterfall) and Agile methodologies to ensure the development teams fully understand requirements and develop suitable solutions which you will manage through the full project management life cycle. The remit is global in nature and the types of projects on the horizon are diverse covering areas such as Service Automation, CRM System upgrades, Data Warehouse and Reporting, Infrastructure and Digital Marketing/Website upgrades.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working with stakeholders and resources to successfully deliver projects to cost, time and quality standards using the company’s prescribed project management methodology. Key elements include:
Applying Project Management and Governance:
- Create project deliverables such as Project Initiation Documents, budgets and other documents that support the project management methodology.
- Create and execute the various project plans (task management, communications, test plans etc.)
- Ensure project stage gates are planned and materials prepared that will enable the Project Board to sign-off and approve the next stage of delivery
- Applying Project Change Management principles to control the project scope.
- Create and manage RAIDs ensuring risks, issues, dependencies are managed/escalated as required. Accurate and timely status reporting
- Build and maintain a resource plan ensuring adequate resources are budgeted for and assigned to deliver their project tasks
- Where required, develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services
- Liaise with and manage third party resources as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders, ensuring clear lines of communications. Sharing this tasks with other team members as required to manage the IT Change Management process
IT Change Management (occasional/shared tasks)
- Reviewing all Requests for Change (RFC) when they are received into the process
- Ensuring RFCs are assessed by the appropriate Subject Matter Experts/ managing the regular Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings to approve RFCs
- Following up with relevant colleagues to ensure smooth application /implementation of the RFC
- Formal closure of RFCs
- This aspect of the role will be to capture, document and gain approval of requirements, ensuring the development team fully understand these in order to develop suitable solutions
- These specifications will also be used in the testing phases of the solution
Business Analysis, Demand Capture, Requirements Gathering & Analysis
- Ensure that all project requests for IT capability are assessed (initiation documents preparation including cost / benefit analysis, high level planning to enable business and IT leaders to make effective investment decisions
- Elicit requirements (e.g. using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis)
- Document Business Requirement Documents and Technical Design Documents
- Setting up, facilitating and documenting outputs of meetings as required
- Contributing to team / departmental meetings
- Completion of tasks as requested by the IT Programme Director.
Knowledge, skills and personal attributes:
- Strong hybrid skills covering Business Analysis and IT Project Management tasks
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the ability to work within a fast paced environment
- Ability to bring structure to a fluid environment
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with team members and a variety of stakeholder groups
- Versatile and flexible with a can do attitude with a willingness to take on new tasks as required
- Evidence of both Business Analysis and Project Management experience in previous roles
- Either possesses a Project Management certification or be willing to undertake appropriate project management training as required (APMP, Prince 2)
- Ideally educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent
Robert Walters specialises in permanent, contract and temporary recruitment across all industry sectors and at all levels of seniority, offering a comprehensive service in each. We manage the careers of the highest calibre candidates in the fields of Accounting, Finance, Banking, IT, Management Consultancy, General Management, Legal, Sales and Marketing, Human Resources and Support. Robert Walters' blue-chip client base ranges across leading investment banks, multi-national corporations, smaller enterprises and business start-ups, covering all market sectors. With 53 offices in 24 countries, spanning five continents, Robert Walters is able to offer a truly global recruitment service to both clients and candidates alike.
Please contact Jon Mullin on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link.