Analyst (Tactical Operations and Cometitive Intelligence)
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Mark Eltringham
Date posted 26 February 2019 2019-02-262019-04-26 banking London London GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The Analyst will play an essential role in the life cycle of our Tactical Opportunities work, from brainstorming market themes as part of the team and executing the analysis, to presenting identified opportunities to key stakeholders. The Analyst will also be responsible for Competitive Intelligence projects including writing reports about companies, deal flow, investment opportunities, and sector trends that the team delivers to global practices and offices.
Research and analysis
- Produce in-depth research and analysis on market trends or themes that could lead to revenue generation opportunities for the Firm. The research and analysis could be originated by either the team or internal stakeholders.
- Resource, analyse and present information on clients, markets, and sectors to internal stakeholders.
• Presentation drafting
- Create visually appealing and insightful presentations that share information in a highly efficient manner. This may take the form of PowerPoint presentations, interactive pdfs or traditional Word reports.
• Commercial awareness and new idea generation
- Research and exploit key trends impacting our clients and our business. Identify specific implications and raising these with relevant stakeholders across the Firm.
- Build appropriate communication materials to optimise focus on work origination. Influence relevant parties to act on maximising the opportunities identified.
- Act as a sounding board on commercial issues to partners and senior management.
• Managing the team
- Support Assistant Analysts in their use of sources and in the development of the required skills to execute work.
- Spot-check their own work and that of Assistant Analysts to ensure high quality of work we deliver as a team.
- Deliver commercial and strategy training to new joiners, lawyers, and business teams to increase their commercial awareness and strategic thinking capabilities.