Finance Business Analyst (ERP Implementation)
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Edel Greene
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-01 recruitment-consultancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our clients Head Office in London is seeking a Finance Business Analyst to join a rapidly growing Projects division which delivers on global requirements. The focus of this role is to deliver Business Analysis capabilities to new and ongoing projects within the Technology & Transformation department. The remit is global in nature, you will act as the Finance Lead representative and contact point on agreed business-led (non-Finance driven) projects/change initiatives, for the end-to-end Business Analysis process. This includes eliciting and understand business needs, ensure these requirements are captured and analysed, accurately documented and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders.
Business Analysis related duties:
- Manage and be responsible for the end-to-end business analysis tasks on assigned change initiatives
- Responsible for driving finance transformation and bringing a view of what "good" looks like, ion each change initiative
- Responsible for high standard, complete and timely delivery of all Finance work-streams on assigned projects/change initiatives
- Be a 'change champion' within Finance and provide insight, education and guidance to the wider finance community for the change projects
- Elicit requirements using methods such as (but not limited to) interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information and processes gathered from multiple sources (and regions), reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details.
- Contribute to data mapping exercises and data investigations against live and upcoming systems
- Converting business requirements into functional solutions and data specifications
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver relevant project deliverables (such as Business Requirements Document; Functional Requirements Specification, Backlogs, User Stories etc)
- Working with teams to identify business critical needs and breaking those down into requirements in order to meet the required outcome
- Support the design and implementation of solutions to meet the defined customer requirements
- Build trusting and productive relationships with the Finance and Technology teams to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business process
- Work independently with stakeholders to define concepts under direction of Business Change Manager and Project Manager (where applicable).
Skills and Experience
- Extensive business analysis experience on Finance projects and the Finance business area
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in relation to process, data and system analysis
- Understanding of how to interpret customer / business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Broad knowledge and understanding of a complex applications and technology infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies
- High quality and succinct documentation skills
- Highly effective in communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills at all levels of the business, including up to C level exec
- Ability to interact, manage and challenge senior stakeholders
- Ability to communicate methodology and tools used and explain why they are used is critical.
- Presenting requirements in a way that can be understood from all parties (business and IT teams)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders to extract the relevant information
- Excellent MS Office skills: Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills. Project would be advantageous.
- Technical skills: UML modelling
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Good organization and time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Enthusiasm, passion and energy
- Minimum of 5 years proven Business Analysis experience
- Experience working with Dynamics D365 is desirable
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level with a concentration in Finance, Business, Computer Science or a related field is desirable
- Business analysis qualifications highly desirable (CBAP, BCS, PMI-PBA, SCRUM, BCS- Agile).
Please contact email@example.com or call on 0207 509 8557 to discuss the role further