Risk and Controls Project Manager
Salary £70,000 - £95,000 per annum
Consultant Natasha Nair
Date posted 06 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A new permanent Risk and Controls Project Manager position has just become available at a tier 1 bank based in central London. This is a VP level position within the risk and control function primarily responsible for improving and strengthening the Operations’ control environment.
The Risk and Controls Project Manager will work in a global environment across all asset-classes. Working within operations you will ensure that risks are managed within the risk appetite. Additionally, you will ensures adherence to internal control policies, elaborate on policies and implement guidelines, develop and deliver communications, learn and educate initiatives to deepen control culture, raise awareness of risks and promulgate control best practices.
The Risk and Controls Project Manager will be responsible for scoping, planning and executing risk management initiatives, conducting control reviews, special investigations and delivery of policy refreshes and control standards. You will drive fundamental improvements to the control environment, risk management processes and practices and risk culture in within Operations.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Delivering process improvements within Operations relating to use & embedding of operational risk management framework
- Leading and delivering risk & control reviews regionally and/or globally
- Knowledge of the full lifecycle of delivering risks and reviews from initiation (building the business case and obtaining sponsorship and support), through to planning, analysis, developing and implementing solutions.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Ability to influence senior management teams in delivering practical solutions that can noticeably impact, shape and influence Operations.
- Working knowledge of Operations with experience of products and trade lifecycle and flow
- Continuous improvement and project management experience within Banking
- Operational risk experience
- Previous experience of reviewing and implementing risks and controls regionally and globally
If you are an Senior Project Manager with an excellent understanding of Operations, with risks and controls working knowledge please apply today.