Private Banking Mifid II Project Manager
Salary £60000 - £75000 per annum
Consultant Lee-Roy Fredericks
Date posted 03 April 2017
A leading Wealth Management organisation is seeking a experienced Private Banking Mifid II Project Manager to join their transformation team. This is an exciting opportunity for the role holder to be exposed to a variety of projects across the business and technology areas.
About the Private Banking Mifid II Project Manager role:
Given the size of the organisation they are seeking an individual who is flexible and adaptable to a range of change initiatives across regulatory change, system implementation etc. The role holder will get a lot of exposure to senior stakeholders and sponsors bank wide and will be expected to manage projects autonomously and take ownership of delivery.
The core focus of this particular role will look at Mifid II so the incumbent will need to have hands on experience of delivering end to end regulatory projects (Preference will be given to Mifid II).
The key objective is to analyse MiFID II regulations at a detailed level and deliver a proportionate and practical implementation of the regulations that is sustainable for the organisations regulatory/compliance team.
Core accountabilities of Private Banking Mifid II Project Manager role:
- Review and challenge business requirements documents, design and implementation proposals
- Undertake regulatory analysis of MiFID II requirements and preparing impact analysis for consideration of Compliance and the business
- Attend industry forum as relevant and appropriate to keep abreast of key developments relevant to the workstreams
- Execute the agreed plans through to implementation and closure of the project
- Produce project plans and milestones and tracking them as necessary for delivery
- Identify, define and agree gaps and deliverables required to meet regulatory requirements
- Maintain audit trails of work done, materials conclusion and key decisions taken
- Monitor the progress of workstreams against the project plan, coordinating the reporting and escalation to Steer Committee as appropriate
- Create or augment relevant policies, processes and controls to embed MiFID II into ‘Business As Usual’ activity based
- Develop and, where appropriate, deliver face to face training to Compliance and/or the business
Key skill set:
- The ability to communicate with all stakeholders (Compliance, business, IT and relevant corporate support functions) at all levels of the firm in a clear and precise manner
- Previous end to end project management skills and implementing a sustainable regulatory change program
- Mifid II experience and knowledge is key
- Wealth Management or Asset Management preferred
Please apply directly if this role would be of interest.