Ring-fencing Business Analyst
Salary £45000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Eric Fleury
Date posted 27 February 2017
A Tier One Banking Group based in London is currently undergoing high profile transformation in regards to Ring-fencing. Ring-fencing within the banking industry will drive significant changes in the Corporate Structures of Banking groups. UK, European and US regulatory requirements, such as the UK Banking Reform Act, Dodd-Frank Act, the Recovery and Resolution Directive (RRD), and others have driven the Group to review its overall structure.
They are now seeking a Ring-fencing Business Analyst to join the Risk programme working with both trading and retail entities.
As Ring-fencing Business Analyst, you will support the analysis of risk reports and processes that will need to be updated as a result of structural reform. You will own components of this analysis and provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Further responsibilities include:
- Assess data, systems and processes that may need to be updated or changed to support the operation of the Risk Reporting and management processes post implementation, working with contacts in the Ring Fenced and Non-Ring Fenced Bank. Work stream will also identify areas where developing capability is required to support the new Group structure
- Work closely with members of the Risk Systems and Testing Strategy workstreams, understanding the underlying plans and challenges in meeting the overall programme timescales, highlighting these and supporting resolution of these issues. This will involve creating effective working relationships with relevant technology and change teams
- Contribute/provide input, on behalf of the risk function, to the overall programme and to other work streams
- Be an effective delegate to the Risk Reporting Lead
You will be able to display the below competencies:
- End-to-end business analysis skill set gained from experience on complex change programmes within top tier banks
- Demonstrable experience of requirements gathering for systems & processes; working with SMEs and technology counterparts, UAT testing
- Experience of designing and/or delivering target operating models – process documentation & definition, process mapping, policy alignment etc.
- Knowledge or experience within Risk would be highly advantageous though would consider those who have worked with finance change as well
- Strong communication skills and an ability to manage diverse stakeholders up to Director level
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly visible programme, the delivery of which is of paramount importance to the Group. If you are looking for your next challenge within a projects arena, please do reach out to discuss the Ring-fencing Business Analyst role further.
Please click to apply.