Controls Project Manager
Salary £85000 - £100000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Eric Fleury
Date posted 20 February 2017
A Tier One Banking Group based in London is currently building a brand new Chief Controls Office which will be responsible for leading and coordinating the Control agenda in the First & Second Line of Defence across the bank. As a horizontal function, it will have lines into Compliance, Operational Risk, Technology etc.
They are now seeking a Controls Project Manager to join a growing team who are responsible for the shaping the execution of all CCO transformation activities including common, pan-group controls related services.
As Controls Project Manager, you will be responsible for setting up and managing the Project Management Office (PMO) and delivery of a variety of underlying controls based programmes running across the group.
Some of your key responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring the various steering committees as well as the Accountable Executives have complete oversight on the programme progress and good understanding of all the risks and issues
- Setting the standards, process and timetable for regular status reporting
- Reviewing and challenging reports provided for adherence to standards, completeness and reasonableness
- Manage and co-ordinate Initiative governance structure, assisting the Initiative Manager in the preparation and co-ordination of materials
- Be the secretariat to key initiative meetings possible running key meetings such as the Steering Committee and Programme Board meetings
- Ensuring all Steering Committee papers, Programme Board agendas and communications to stakeholders are prepared to a high standard on a timely basis
- Together with the Programme Manager, create and maintain initiative plans and work with initiative stakeholders to actively manage day to day activities and ensure delivery accountability is in place across the whole project
- Based on direction from the initiative manager, assist in the development and management of a communication strategy, preparing status reporting, providing visibility on status and transparency of risks and issues for multiple levels of stakeholders
Your key skills:
- Experienced Project Manager and/or PMO with a demonstrable track record working on Controls (specifically Front and Middle Office) driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact
- Strong experience delivering within Operational Risk and/or Compliance, or supporting these programmes as a PMO
- Experience of working with Technology to deliver complex projects
- Confidence and gravitas – ability to deal with multiple stakeholders in different clusters
The Controls Project Manager role is a fantastic opportunity to join a newly emerging function that will give you a platform to progress quickly. This role would likely be best suited to a Senior Vice President looking to move to Director in the next two years.
Please do get in touch to discuss further.