Structural Reform PMO
Salary £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Eric Fleury
Date posted 08 February 2017
A Tier One Bank based in London is currently running a large portfolio of work in response to Structural Reform, sometimes referred to from a UK perspective as ‘ring-fencing.’ The aim of the programme is to create a safer and more resilient banking system within which institutions will be more easily resolved without access to government funds. They are now seeking a Structural Reform PMO to join its central Programme Office.
The regulatory requirements driving Structural Reform vary in different countries but for this bank it’s principally driven by those of the UK and the US.
The Programme Office for the Structural Reform Programme is mandated to provide strong independent governance and control over programme execution while also reducing delivery risk through identification, management and resolution of key risks and issues from a Group perspective.
As Structural Reform PMO, you will operate central PMO processes and controls which implement change delivery control standards such as status reporting and RAID management. A key responsibility will be to ensure that the PMO framework is operated effectively with high quality and traceability.
You will also support other members of the team in preparing for governance forums or responding to information requests through analysis of data and metrics related to the execution of the SRP Integrated Plan.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the maintenance of the SRP PMO Access database which consolidates data from multiple sources including Navigator.
- Support activities related to the management of the SRP Integrated Plan.
- Perform checks and challenge submitted status reports to ensure that messaging is appropriate to the audience, is timely and of high quality.
- Assist in the development of regular and ad-hoc programme reporting related to programme execution, data quality, dependency management, change controls, etc.
- Perform review and reconciliation of PMO data to ensure high quality and fully traceable PMO reporting.
- Establish relationships across all SRP workstreams to help ensure effective control and information flow.
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate experience as an analyst in a PMO for a large programme in Financial Services and will be very detail oriented. Additional requirements include:
- End-to-end PMO understanding (tracking, reporting, RAID Logs, QA etc.)
- Good working knowledge/experience of PPM tools (preferably Navigator)
- Experience using and or configuring Microsoft Access.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with programme or portfolio reporting tools
- Knowledge of Project Lifecycle methods (e.g. Software Development Lifecycle, Agile) and understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills
The Structural Reform PMO role is an excellent opportunity to join a challenging and exciting programme on one of the most interesting deliveries in banking and should not be overlooked.
Please do get in touch to discuss this opportunity further.