BCBS 239 Business Analyst
Salary £40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Eric Fleury
Date posted 30 January 2017
A Leading European Banking Group based in London is currently undergoing significant change around their risk data aggregation and reporting in response to BCBS 239. They are now looking for a Business Analyst to support this programme, specifically within the Data Workstream.
The Data Workstream is responsible for data strategy, data governance, data preparation, model implementation and all associated processes that support these. It acts as a conduit between technology and business stakeholders ensuring model requirements are implemented in accordance with best practice.
In your role as BCBS 239 Business Analyst, you will support the Data Quality Delivery Manager with overall delivery of capabilities within scope of the Data Management work stream, as well as take the lead on the delivery of the data lineage and/or data dictionary work streams
Other key activities you will have as BCBS 239 Business Analyst include:
- Gather requirements, develop solutions and implement these as part of the change lifecycle
- Support the project team with wider goals and objectives
- Work to agreed millstones and plans
- Resolve issues and escalate where appropriate
- Interact with Stakeholders across multiple products/risk types
To be successful in your application for the BCBS 239 Business Analyst role, you must be able to display the below skills/competencies:
- Good understanding of Change within a bank from a Business Analysis perspective (MUST HAVE)
- Understanding relational databases, risk systems/architecture, data quality/lineage and risk concepts (MUST HAVE)
- Experience working in a risk environment
- Self starter able to speak to people, manage their own workload, run workshops, gather requirements, produce robust documentation
- ISEB, Prince II and related qualifications (Desirable)
- Experience working with data management tools including Ab Initio, Colibra and Blueworks (Desirable)
- Experience of using SAS (Desirable)
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain experience of a high profile regulatory project spanning multiple disciplines (data, governance, architecture and reporting). Additionally, you will be working on a multi-year project running through to 2020 that will result in a significant overhaul of the banks UK IT, infrastructure and reporting practices.
Please do get in touch to discuss further.