Finance Data Lead
Salary £550 - £700 per day
Consultant Edel Greene
Date posted 30 November 2016
A tier one global investment bank based in London is looking for a Finance Data Lead to work within a global regulatory programme which manages all operational, technical and informational change required to ensure compliance with the new IFRS 9 standards.
In this role you will be ensuring, across the UK operations, correct and efficient sourcing and validating of Data Input for IFRS 9, impairment calculations, and the data going into these calculations. Providing strategic oversight for Data Sourcing, from working on Data Dictionaries, through to working alongside Test Managers to ensure the Data is valid.
Furthermore, in this role you must ensure the regulatory framework is kept current, capturing requirements of controls, the correct design for controls, then managing the full life cycle of developing the process - finally putting a process in place to take them through into BAU. Currently, some of the ledger systems need enhancements for the expected high amounts of data input - the volumes of data are vast and would thus need tweaking. In order to this you should have a thorough understanding what is required from a ledger perspective, what is necessary from an external reporting perspective (in terms of disclosures) and from a local perspective (in terms of disclosures).
Core Finance Data Lead responsibilities will include:
- Project planning, documentation, ensuring deliverables are realistic and that deliverables are on track
- Extensive stakeholder management, escalating issues upwards when in need of resolutions
- Managing a small team of 2 – 5 reports, assisting and guiding the team towards project deliverables
- Looking at Data hierarchy from a global level down to a regional level, working with data source owners, golden source, business owners and IT, to get hold of sample data where relevant
- Defining what is needed to meet regulatory requirements in terms of Data on a local and global level
You will have:
- Proven track record on delivering on a large regulatory change programme against stringent timelines
- Accounting background qualification would be beneficial with an excellent understanding of ledgers, data reconciliation in response to regulatory changes such as IFRS 9
- Technically demonstrable understanding of IFRS 9 most preferably the Impairment Pillar relating to output and controls
- Sharp and well presented with superior communication and stakeholder management skills
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a tier one investment bank as a Finance Data Lead on a highly relevant hot topic being IFRS 9.
Please get in touch with me on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.