Salary £65000 - £75000 per annum + Car allowance, benefits and bonus
Location City of London
Consultant Ben Litvinoff
Date posted 27 October 2016
A PMO role has arisen with a leading investment bank based in London. This PMO role will directly support this Investment bank's Legal COO, working in collaboration with the businesses Programme & Change Senior Manager for the Legal Chief Operating Office to deliver projects to meet business, schedule and budget objectives. The PMO will be responsible for maintaining the issues, risk, budget, project plan, monthly reporting to stakeholder groups, meeting minutes and much more.
Responsibilities relating to the Change/Efficiency agenda would include but would not be limited to:
- Update and Maintain the Project plan in Clarity for the ELM project
- Monthly preparation of reporting packs to senior stakeholders on the progress of the project
- Maintain up to date Risk and Issues lists and agree appropriate mitigating actions with the Change manager, seeing the actions through to completion
- Maintain and report on the budget, flagging any anomalies to senior management
- Support the Change manager in preparing the Business Requirements by working with the Legal stakeholders globally. (may require some travel)
- Work with supporting groups in the bank such as Compliance and IT to ensure that all their processes and considerations for putting a new system live in different jurisdictions are followed and catered for
- Take the lead on specific aspects of other COO projects as required
People and Talent
Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks. Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans. Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them Governance Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role. Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
Experience of the following would be beneficial
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles
- Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Proven Project Management and relationship building skills, with Project Management Certifications
- Experience with large-scale organisational change efforts /previous Change Management experience within a legal function is a plus
- Experience and knowledge of Change Management/ business efficiency principles and methodologies
- Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across a broad range of stakeholders
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Budgeting/ cost management experience
- Proficiency in drafting documents, reports, and analysing data
- Ability to prioritise multiple varied deliverables with demonstrable organisational and time management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Well developed, flexible interpersonal skills appropriate at all levels of engagement within the Bank’s multicultural environment
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
For further information and to apply, please contact Ben.Litvinoff@RobertWalters.com