Data Quality Analyst
Salary £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Lee-Roy Fredericks
Date posted 17 October 2016
A Tier 1 Investment Bank based in London is currently seeking Data Quality Analyst (AVP) to join the Chief Data Office. The team ensures the Investment Bank is compliant with the Group Data Policy and coordinates the implementation of standards and governance that are critical to both regulatory requirements and Structural Reform.
About the Data Quality Analyst role:
The Data Quality team is within the Investment Bank Chief Data Office and is responsible for improving the data quality within the organisation. The Data Quality Team will create a framework to define how to undertake data quality activities along with an approach to transition such activities into the business in the long run. The team will interact with different business areas and with change programmes/projects. The team is expected to perform typical data quality activities (planning, identification of issues, root cause analysis, remediation business case, actual remediation where appropriate and monitoring) while respecting the established data governance. The team will feature several business area teams that will each focus on a given data area (e.g. one for Finance, one for trade capture etc.)
Key Accountabilities of the Data Quality Analyst:
- Perform data quality activities (planning, identification of issues, statistical analysis, data quality rules creation and governance, root cause analysis, remediation business case, actual remediation where appropriate and monitoring)
- Drive improvements to maximise value of data quality (e.g. drive changes to have access to required metadata to maximise impact of DQ, create survey tools to help gather missing information)
- Drive business adoption of data quality activities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data requirements of all Functions and Programs supported by the team, and assist with stakeholder navigation of the data landscape
- Develop a strong understanding of the organisations Data Policies and Standards, and contribute to their ongoing development
Key Skill set:
- Investment Banking industry experience, or engaging those businesses as part of a market leading consultancy
- Excellent experience working within a Data Quality role (DQ tools, DQ values and processes and approach)
- Strong experience in data related activities (metadata, data governance, MDM, insight…)
- Experience working with stakeholders across multiple global locations
This Global Investment bank needs no introduction. This is an excellent opportunity for a data driven professional looking for the next step in their career.
If this role is of interest to you please apply below or contact me directly.