Continuous Improvement Specialist
Salary £70000 - £95000 per annum + Competitive, inc. cash benefits
Consultant Megan Prosser
Date posted 13 October 2016
A leading brand in Investment, Wealth, Commercial and Retail Banking, is seeking a Continuous Improvement Specialist (Business Analyst / Project Manager) to join a newly-established CI team. Looking at the current state and presupposing future states from a purely process-focused perspective, the aim of the team is to move into fully fledged front-to-back deliveries, always with Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen, at the core.
In this Continuous Improvement Specialist role - you will:
- Help to embed Lean (and other process improvement methodologies) throughout the organisation
- Improve the way that the bank operates as an organisation
- Drive Process Improvement in every aspect of your work
A knowledge of Investment Banking is not mandatory, a knowledge of banking more widely will be fairly crucial, although exceptional Senior candidates from other Financial Services backgrounds will be considered. Key stakeholders include the Investment Bank's Front Office.
You will be:
- Strongly factual and evidence-based in their approach
- Very articulate
- Able to take a business problem and quickly document it from a process perspective
- Able to exhibit excellent stakeholder engagement, especially during workshops
- Extensive experience of Root Cause Analysis
- Lean / Six Sigma Qualified (or equivalent, QBE etc) where possible - although hands-on exposure is much more important
- Creating and articulating business cases for “Lean Interventions”, and driving towards a target state
- Scoping and leading Process Transformation, working closely with process owners
- Data Analysis
- Strong Presentation skills (ability to take teams on a “virtual journey”) including presenting facts and Education around different approaches to Process Improvement
- Problem-solving and Process Re-engineering
- Maintaining a flexible structure, not methodology “to-the-letter”
N.B. This is more of an Analysis and delivery based role, rather than Lean Coaching. You will analyse large quantities of complex firm-wide data, simplifying complex situations down into their component parts to allow clear, fast-paced decision making
This is a well-funded, well-supported team, with excellent Senior Stakeholder buy-in. You will be innovating and transforming the way Process Change is thought of within the whole organisation, not fixating only on one methodology.
Please get in touch for more information on this Continuous Improvement Specialist role!