IT Delivery Manager
Salary £60000 - £75000 per annum + excellent benefits package
Location City of London
Consultant Lee-Roy Fredericks
Date posted 12 October 2016
A leading global re insurance organisation based in London is seeking a IT Delivery Manager to manager and successfully deliver a global roll out of a new product suite.
About the IT Delivery Manager role:
The IT delivery manager will work closely with the leadership team in accomplishing the following tasks around the recently launched systems suite:
- Act as a strategic IT advisor to the leadership team and manage the IT part of the roadmap
- Planning and IT delivery oversight of the IT development against the roadmap (including budget, timelines, the client’s assurance processes for quality, security, etc.)
- Planning and coordination of the IT operations activities of the system, including the coordination and escalation body for support and duty management
- Planning and oversight of the systems technical client implementation and support activities
- Ensuring the organisation continuously learns and improves the delivery capabilities and service offering to build and maintain a best in class operating model
- Key interfaces for this role are:
- the head of the systems business centre of competence
- the systems regional business heads
- the strategic nearshore delivery partners
- the clients assurance functions
About the team:
This system is out client’s automated Life & Health Underwriting solution with 40+ global client implementations and over the last year, our client has been investing strongly into this strategic proposition as the industry is at a digital turning point. They will continue to support their clients in this space and maintain the strategic investment.
The business has recently launched a new product suite, for which they have a strong client pipeline and comprehensive delivery roadmap to keep the product evolving in a fast paced environment, as the industry is turning towards automation and process digitisation. We have strong business and IT teams working on the first client implementations of the new system and are looking at onboarding a senior IT delivery professional in the role of IT delivery manager as we are about to scale up.
- A strong international communicator
- Strong organisational skills
- Have a willingness to be working hands-on, leading teams and partners by example
- Proven architecture and technical knowledge of enterprise systems and processes (modern Java and data base technology)
- A profile to be respected by a strong technical team, a busy leadership team and understand the needs of corporate clients so they can be serviced at the highest standards
If this role is of interest then please apply.