Market Risk IT Business Analyst
Salary £45000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Eric Fleury
Date posted 30 September 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Market Risk IT Business Analyst within a Tier One Global Investment Bank based in London. Unprecedented changes in their front-to-back technology stack are underway, and following a number of successful deliveries, further budget and a strategic roadmap are now in place.
Programmes in scope include Limit Management, IRC/CRM, Issuer Default Risk, VaR, Stress Testing, CCR & CCAR, thus there are a variety of projects you can get stuck into.
As the Market Risk IT Business Analyst, you will also be the go-to person responsible for requirements gathering for your particular workstream. Your influence with senior business stakeholders will be key to managing expectations against delivery risks and IT project managers will rely on your ability to map from business objectives to phased IT deliverables.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a sound knowledge of the business requirements around Market Risk IT for your specific area
- Liaise with the key stakeholders to understand, scope and document business requirements
- Collaborate with business representatives, IT architects and development leads to define optimal system solutions to meet business requirements
- Assess and highlight dependencies on or from upstream or downstream systems
- Work with project managers to plan analysis work and highlight key risks and issues from an analysis perspective
- Promote better business analysis practices and foster adoption of analysis standards and tools
- Work with the business representatives and QA leads to define acceptance criteria for system deliverables
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you will need to meet most of, if not all, of the below criteria:
- Strong background in IT from a hands-on perspective (software engineer, developer etc.)
- Multiple end-to-end deliveries as an IT Business Analyst able to demonstrate a mature understanding of the SDLC
- Preferably specific exposure to Market Risk, but would also consider those who have worked on Credit Risk & Front Office IT programmes
- Experience of working within Agile Delivery Environments, specifically Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Modelling of business processes and system workflows
- Data analysis, use of databases and simple data modelling
- Polished communication skills with strong influencing skills
The Market Risk IT Business Analyst role would serve as an excellent platform for those looking to continue building their change skill set within the risk space and offers the potential for rapid progression.
If you think you meet the above criteria, I urge you to submit your CV for consideration.