Infrastructure Change Programme Manager
Salary £90000 - £100000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Eric Fleury
Date posted 26 September 2016
A leading investment bank based in London is currently undertaking a massive outsourcing programme with a top tier 3rd party vendor to outsource their data centres to the Cloud. They are now seeking a Infrastructure Change Programme Manager to support this long term initiative.
In this role, you will be accountable for the global, end-to-end delivery of the Data Centre Programme that is creating a private cloud solution or Infrastructure shared services function.
Your key responsibilities as Infrastructure Change Programme Manager will include:
- Taking ownership of the programme, influencing and leading the vendor where required
- Delivering all related bank dependencies, that will require extensive co-ordination from software and infrastructure build out, legacy integration with existing services through to testing and change management
- Providing the primary interface into Vendor and partnering with their equivalent opposite Programme Lead
- Leading Programme, Project and Technical Specialists and Change Professionals in the in the pursuit of the delivery of complex infrastructure change
- Managing the Infrastructure programme governance
- Managing internal and external stakeholders
This is a senior role that will have high visibility in what is a critical programme, and thus the standard expected of you will be exceedingly high. The primary skills/qualifications they will be looking for include:
- An infrastructure change professional, with a high degree of project and programme management experience preferably in the financial services sector
- The ability to demonstrate recovery management of projects
- Strong change manager, who can demonstrate previous large scale & global infrastructure change delivery
- Excellent communication skills in both crafting and delivering executive level and project level communications
- The ability to employ and demonstrate a high degree of rigour in the areas of milestone, risk, dependency and financial management
- The ability to mitigate programme risks, issues and develop execution and mitigation plans
- Past experience of managing large scale, vendor heavy programmes in a matrix environment, particularly where an organisation is outsourcing a service/system to a 3rd party
- Strong commercial and contract management skills
- A track record of influencing external stakeholders
- A good understanding of the influence of regulatory and security issues in the financial sector, with the ability to link this to the technology solutions
- The ability to lead from the front, and understand all the methods and the approaches in successfully exiting and migrating from legacy services to a new Infrastructure platforms. It would be especially beneficial if this were to come from migrating Data Centres
This is a spectacular opportunity to join a fast paced and challenging delivery environment on a programme that is of the utmost importance to the Bank.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and have the experience necessary to be successful in this role, I would love to speak in further detail about the Infrastructure Change Programme Manager role in more detail.