Salary £35,000 - £38,000 per annum
Consultant Nina Matharu
Date posted 12 July 2022other procurement-supply-chain/warehousing-distribution 2022-07-12 2022-09-10 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Stroud Gloucestershire GB GBP 35000 38000 38000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As the Transport Manager, you will plan, co-ordinate, supervise, review and report upon the work activities of a team through effective management, communication, leadership, motivation, training and development. The shift will be 4 on 4 off days 6am – 6pm based in Stroud.
You will maximise the annual performance of the Transport department by providing leadership, focusing on customer requirements, effective operational performance, and a motivated workforce succession planning
Key Responsibilities for the Transport Manager:
- People Management and Team Leadership in line with agreed business values
- Plan, oversee and co-ordinate staff deployment levels to meet operational requirements
- Manage KPI's to meet contractual terms and business expectations
- Manage daily activities to ensure a safe secure clean and fair work environment for colleagues
- Create and maintain a positive working environment
- Conduct Management Performance Reviews and plan suitable development activities
- Team building developing the potential of all team members through succession planning as appropriate.
- Manage non-attendance, disciplinary and grievance issues in line with HR Policy
- Change Management leadership
- Responsibility of all elements relating to Health and Safety
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and business development
- Effectively deploy all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) in line with Company guidelines
The Transport Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in leading a high volume and fast-paced transport operation
- Previous experience of leading team
- CPC qualification would be advantageous
- Uses interpersonal styles to create and sustain effective relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results, striving for best in class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
- Develops and communicates strategies and goals that achieve competitive advantage. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the organisation's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AvonmouthDate posted: 20 July 2022The Role: An exciting opportunity for a Transport Supervisor in the Avonmouth area, you will be in a very fast paced environment. Working with an amazing management team to ensure the smooth running of the Transport Operation. Shift - 4 on 4 off (Days)
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000 per annumLocation: SuffolkDate posted: 04 August 2022A market leading Logistics business is recruiting a Health, Safety & Compliance Manager to join their site management team in their Suffolk operation.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annumLocation: IpswichDate posted: 25 July 2022Robert Walters are recruiting a Senior Operations Manager for a National Logistics business in Ipswich area.
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annumLocation: IpswichDate posted: 06 July 2022Job Summary Frugalpac - a sustainable packaging company with a global mission to decarbonise the food and drinks industry. Frugalpac creates and supplies recycled paper-based products with the lowest carbon footprint that are easily recycled again and don’t need to go to landfill.
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum + Pension, bonusLocation: TorquayDate posted: 12 August 2022This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leading manufacturer who supply the Defence and Aerospace sector with their highly engineered components.